Here at Immanuel Lutheran Church we provide opportunities for all ages to grow in their faith. We encourage members to serve the Lord in the way they love, in how they live, and in how they give.
Sunday School is a great opportunity for your children to learn and grow in their faith. If your child(ren) will be attending, please fill out a Registration form and return it to the office. There is a link below or there are also forms located at the church. We look forward to having your child(ren) join us!
To receive messages and updates regarding Sunday School, text @ILCSS to 81010
Immanuel Lutheran Church VBS
**Register Online here**
- There is no registration fee for participation.
- Please join the Immanuel Facebook Group to see updates and have access to the videos.
- Kits and videos will be ready for pick up at Immanuel on July 22.
- There are turquoise tie-die t-shirts being offered for $10.
- The deadline to order a t-shirt is July 5th. (see design below)
SWAG is the 5th and 6th grade youth group at Immanuel. We meet every Wednesday from 3:30-5:00pm. Transportation from West Elementary is provided.
During our time together, we will have a snack, share highs and lows, do an activity or game, and learn about a Bible scripture.
To receive messages and updates regarding SWAG, text @SWAG2511 to 81010
7-8th graders participate in confirmation classes each Wednesday night from 7:00 -8:30 pm grade youth group.
FORCE is Immanuel's High School youth group.
We meet on Sunday nights from 7:00-9:00pm. We also have scheduled service projects and recreational activities throughout the months.
To receive messages and updates regarding FORCE, text @FORCE2511 to 81010
There are many ministires available at Immanuel for adults to get involved.
Wednesday Morning Coffee & Conversation at Em’s
7:00 am for the men and 9:00 am for the women. Grab a friend and come for coffee and conversation.
Friday Morning Bible Study
We are working through the Bible together and learning more about each other. Please bring your Bible and join us for discussion in the Conference room (across from the bathrooms) from 9:00-10:00 am on Friday mornings.
Bible Art Journaling
Come join us at Immanuel Lutheran Church to learn creative ways to study God’s Word. Combine your love for the Bible art and affirm your faith through creative expression. Bring your own Bible, a journaling Bible, or even a blank sketchbook. All design ideas and some supplies will be available at class. Please join us with instructor, Roberta Hinman. Please keep an eye on the calender, announcements, and newsletter for dates (typically twice a month).
WELCA is the women’s ministry organization of the ELCA (https://www.womenoftheelca.org). It is separately incorporated and is not an auxiliary of the church. It is financially independent and responsible for its own financial affairs. Financial support comes from individual and group offerings and gifts.
As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society and the world.
To mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ.
PROGRAM AREAS AN AIMS:
To promote a variety of learning experiences that strengthen each woman as a whole person, develop her potential, and equip her for ministry.
To allow opportunities for women to boldly act on their faith through offerings, in-kind gifts, service, and leadership.
To enable each woman to value herself and others as created in God’s image and redeemed through Christ and to build up and celebrate relationships that are global, diverse, and interdependent.
THE MINISTRY OF IMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH WOMEN
Opportunities for Service, Study and Fellowship:
- Circles meet monthly for growth through Bible Study and Fellowship
- Fellowship through special social events for women
- Serving through Mission: Community events such as providing food, entertainment, and volunteers to the nursing homes in Independence
- Providing food for and serving at funerals
- Giving offerings for Church wide ministry, state and local benevolences.
- Gather, a magazine for growth for faith and mission, is published by Women of the ELCA. A leader’s guide is included in the monthly Bible study.
- Serving various functions as requested by the church council.
- Participation in the organization and programs of the Cluster, Synod, and the national Church.